Friday, June 02, 2006

Bradford Telescope



A lovely day today! Sunshine all the way, it's clear outside at the moment, but still light and a bit hazy. Oh...and Melissa has Chicken Pox!!
I've seen some of the results of the robotic telescopes and they are really impressive. The Faulkes Telescope seems to be best, but I need to register our school so that we can use it. I have used the Bradford Telescopes for a while now, but can't seem to get the settings right. The jobs that come back are under or over exposed and usually fuzzy. I was really pleased when I captured this one of the Ring Nebula (M57), these are the settings and info:

Request ID 28903
Job ID 20564
Object Type MESSIER
Object ID 57
Object Name The Ring Nebula
Exposure Time 120000 ms
Filter Type Colour
Dark frame Instant
Site Name Tenerife
Telescope Type Name Galaxy
Telescope Name Galaxy Camera
Request Time 21:16 on Sunday 28 May 2006 (20:16:18 UTC)
Completion Time 05:14 on Thursday 1 June 2006 (04:14:37 UTC)
Comments
Status Complete

I have just submitted another job for The Whirlpool Galaxy (M51), I still cannot see it with my own scopes.

No comments: