Thursday, December 04, 2014

Lunar Mosaic



Last night I took my new Skywatcher Heritage 130P telescope out to have a look at the Moon. This was the first time that I have had a chance to do this with cloudy skies.
I love this scope, it is the same as my Skywatcher 130m, but reduces to a small size and is very light and easy to set up. One problem that I always had was taking photos with my big Skywatcher 130m, it is that it is a Newtonian scope and you cannot attach a DSLR camera as it will not focus.
I tried with my new Heritage and this did the same, but there is a difference...the tube length is adjustable!

Last night I tried with my Canon DSLR and shortened the adjustable tube to find focus on the DSLR...it works well!

The image of the Moon was taken using my Philips Toucam Pro II, it too had problems focusing, but a slight adjustmant on the tube length brought it into focus.

No comments: