Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Tropical Weather



Well, it's the Autumnal Equinox and the weather doesn't know what day it is! Later today the back end of a hurricane hits the west of the country with winds approaching 90mph, but the temperature will also hit 25 degrees! The south east is having a heatwave...weird.

Yesterday I recieved an interesting image that I submitted from the JML telescope of NGC266 located in Andromeda somewhere (I have still not found it!) This is a feint galaxy which cannot normally be seen with my own equipment. With a bit of processing from Photoshop and LTimage the results are really nice!

Observation of NGC 266.

Taken for SS Osmund and Andrew s RC Primary School.

On 18 Sep 2006 at 23:04:00 GMT.

By the Liverpool Telescope using RATCam.

The exposure was 120.00 seconds using filter R.

1 comment:

mark_smith said...

Hi just to let you know my new address for my blog "Astro Mark" is the following

http://marksmith-1986.blogspot.com/

nice pic keep up the good work

mark_smith