Thursday, April 19, 2007

Venus and Moon Conjunction


Last night I took out my ST80 and SLT computerised mount into the garden where the sky was wonderfully clear. I thought I might try to find and image the Whirlpool Galaxy in Ursa Major (The Plough) and a couple of other Deep Sky Objects. Alas...that was not to be! The SLT mount would not align, probably because I did not input the time correctly to take account of Daylight Saving. I tried alignment four times, the last attempt seemed to lock, but then gave me very inaccurate results when looking for objects. In the end I gave up and went in!
Tonight was cloudy, but I managed to capture the lovely conjunction of Venus and the Moon low in the Western Sky.

Venus is magnificent at the moment, bright enough to cast shadows in a dark room. (Maybe I should try it?)

I have just bought a flip mirror to use with both the webcam and the EOS350, although the EOS 350 fits alright, I still need an adaptor to reduce the T thread to a 1.25" so that I can use the webcam. I've ordered it from 'Green Witch' a company that I have never used before, still waiting for it to arrive...fingers crossed!

No comments: