Saturday, June 09, 2007

The ISS Trail

The Space Shuttle Atlantis 45 minutes after taking the picture below.
Click the image above it's brill!


The first attempt at imaging the International Space Station about 90 minutes earlier hand-held was not successful, so I tried again on the second pass. This time I mounted my Canon 350D onto a tripod and waited for the ISS to appear. The image above was taken with a 20 second exposure set to wide field. This was about 45 minutes before the launch of the Space Shuttle Atlantis with a mission to dock with the ISS and build - on to the station.

I watched the launch live from NASA TV and this was amazing! The image above is from the launch.

To think that I have just taken images of the ISS over my own back garden then watched the Space Shuttle live heading for the ISS gives me a wonderful feeling!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the best article I have read, thank you, I have learned a lot of knowledge in this area.