Wednesday, June 20, 2007

New look ISS

ISS trail from my back garden at the time of the Space Shuttle launch.


Yesterday the Space Shuttle Atlantis undocked from the international space station in preparation for return to Earth. The photos of the ISS taken from the Space Shuttle are stunning! The ISS is now bigger than ever and will no doubt reflect more light to the Earth as it passes over my back garden. Weather is not good at the moment...and getting worse!

I'm looking forward to seeing the ISS pass overhead again with it's new look. Let's hope I can take a good image of it.

The other night I downloaded a satellite tracking programme that will find and track the ISS with a telescope. I'm hoping that my Celestron SLT is supported by this programme, so I want to test it next time we have clear skies and the ISS in view.

Later today the Space Shuttle Atlantis returns to Earth.

No comments: