Sunday, August 12, 2007

A grand night out!



The Great Hercules Cluster M13, Dumbell Nebula M27 and Owl Cluster NGC 475.

Last week on August 7th the night was perfect! Warm, still and perfectly clear...the best for months! I set up my Skywatcher ST80 with the SLT mount and Canon 350D camera at prime focus. Tracking was perfect and the laptop was used to control the slew and position of the mount. Camera was controlled and monitored by the laptop so that I could get perfect focus.
The wide field images that I captured blew by cotton socks off!
The scope slew perfectly from one object to another, had to wait 5min or so before imaging to let the scope settle. Here are the objects that I managed to capture:
Coathanger Cluster, Great Hercules Cluster, M15 Cluster in Pegasus, M103, Owl Cluster NGC 457, M52 Scorpion, Andromeda Galaxy, Wide angle views of Cygnus.
A grand night out!

No comments: