Thursday, December 13, 2007

Orion Nebula M42 and Running Man Nebula



These images taken on 10th December, the lower image is a closer view of the blur at the top of the Orion Nebula image.
Cold, clear and frosty evening and a beautiful sky! At first I took about an hour of images of M45 Plaiedes while I waited for Orion to rise over the rooftops. I have waited a long time now to try to capture a more detailed image of the Orion Nebula with my Canon 350D. This is my first attempt and results are stunning! I played around a bit with colours which has given me several different results, the one above is my favourite!
The image is composed of 60 x 30s images, stacked in Deepskystacker and processed in Photoshop 7. Canon 350D and Skywatcher ST80 telescope.
If you look closely at the lower image you can see a shadow of a 'running man' this is a feint nebula above the main Orion nebula

No comments: