Sunday, December 03, 2006

Nearly Christmas!

Did some Christmas shopping yesterday, got a copy of 'BANG!" all about the begining of the universe. Well...it is a Christmas present, so I won't get chance to read it until Christmas!

It's a quiet period at the moment, tonight the full moon is beautiful, but the wind is blowing at 70mph...not good for getting the scope out. I've just got a serial lead for the SLT scope and have ordered a dovetail for the ST80 to mount on the SLT. I now need an USB to RS232 converter so that I can run my laptop to the SLT for computer control. I'm looking forward to trying out the computer controlled mount on a crisp, frosty night when Orion is in all it's glory!

Snug and warm in my little shack, pity I can't control the SLT from here!

3 comments:

mark_smith said...

I am also getting Bang for crimbo cant wait.

mark_smith

mark_smith said...

Hi just noticed you have still got my old link under astro mark. the new link can be found below.

http://marksmith-1986.blogspot.com/

mark_smith

Sam Hawkins said...

Hello Steve, Great blog! Christmas is nearly here and the skies are getting clearer : ) In answer to your request, i have added a link to your site and your blog on my blog....it can be found at:

http://hawkinsastronomy.blogspot.com/

Enjoy your chrimbo - Sam